Welcome to my Hoont Plug in Electronic Total Pest Eliminator review. It’s that time of year where bugs and other annoying pest decide to try to make our homes their own. For many years man has been using different techniques to rid properties of pest, some of which involved killing them. This method, however, is supposed to stop pests from entering your property without having to kill them.
This is a direct to socket device, which means there’s no cable at all. The unit is basically an all in one with the plug sticking out of the back, just like a traditional night-light. In terms of size, it is rather large and bulky which when combined with its ugly looks makes this a very unattractive device, that sticks out like a sore thumb.
It’s colored in grey and has three LED lights located just above a single button. These LED lights are used to inform you of what mode the repeller is in. There are four modes which are as follows:
- Mode one with just the red LED light on- This is the electromagnetic wave mode, which sends vibrations through the cabling behind your walls where most pests will breed and nest.
- Mode two with just the yellow light on- This is Negative Ion mode, which makes use of beneficial Negative Ions to clear the air in your home of pollutants and the odor of food, which is something pest definitely look for.
- Mode three with just the green light on- This is the Ultrasonic mode, which uses a high-pressure sound that is inaudible to humans and house pets. To small pests, the sound is said to be as loud as a siren.
- Mode four with all three lights on- This mode combines the three modes mentioned above.
- Although not a mode, there is also a night-light present, although this can’t be turned off, unless the mains switch is off itself.
Ok admittedly I have found this to decrease the amount of insects in my house, but as for my recent mouse problem,this has had no effect, in fact, I’m pretty sure the mice are secretly laughing at my failed attempts to rid my house of them without the use of harmful chemicals. This has actually been installed in my utility room, where the mouse problem seems to come from and in all honesty, the problem hasn’t got any better since installing this. No matter what mode I use, the little critters just don’t seem at all bothered. Their mouse droppings have increased and they just seem to be getting louder and louder.
In all honesty, I can’t bring myself to recommend this repeller. It doesn’t seem to work on rodents at all, which is the main reason I have been using it.
I received this product for free in return for my honest and unbiased review. This has had no effect on my overall opinion of the product.
Check it out here: