A watch with an SRP of £525, so the Globenfeld Super Sport Metal Men’s Watch has to be good right? Well, I’m here to give you my thoughts on this supposedly worth £525 watch.
Globenfeld Super Sport Metal Men’s Watch features
- STUNNING DESIGN – Looks and feels great on your skin. The sleek shark grey steel case contrasts with a jet black face which is framed with a tachymeter top ring. Easily adjustable metal band ensures maximum comfort throughout the day. Great whether in the gym or in the boardroom
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL AESTHETICS – Features analog/digital display, 12/24 hour time format, alarm and stopwatch with lap/reset. Water resistant to 30m, perfect for swimming and snorkeling on holiday
- SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE UP TO £525 – Massive savings on a high quality, elegant watch.
- THE PERFECT GIFT FOR THE SOPHISTICATED MAN – Every limited edition watch arrives in a luxury padded presentation box with two magnetic closure which make this a stunning gift for any man. Each watch features an engraved world map on the back and comes with its own unique serial number.
- RISK FREE 60 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – We’re so confident that you’ll love your new Super Sport we’ll let you try it risk free for 60 days. If it’s not everything you want in a watch – simply return it to us for your money back – no questions asked. Your watch is built to last and is backed by a 5 year platinum manufacturer’s warranty.
Globenfeld Super Sport Metal Men’s Watch Watch watch
So what does a watch with a £525 SRP look like? Well in the case of the Super Sport, it looks pretty good but nowhere near £525 good. You see this watch is sold on many sites at and above the £50 mark but below the £60 mark, therefore that SRP is greatly exaggerated and in my honest opinion I would pay no more than £60 for it, although I feel £40 would be better. The SRP is extremely misleading in this case.
All that said, at the usual price, it’s not too bad of a watch in the looks department. It sports a sturdy and very stylish shark grey colored casing complete with a black fixed in place tachymeter. The jet black clock face is stunning and is complete with three small digital displays as well as the analog display. The analog face has the numbers 12,3,6 and 9 in the usual area with each digit in between represented by the usual small lines with big thick lines to represent every other number and five-minute intervals. The numbers are orange, while the lines are white. This gives the face a nice mixture of three main colors that contrast quite well together for a smooth look.
The metal watch band is fantastic and also fully adjustable, although not in the easiest way. To shorten the watch you need to remove the pins from the links. I did this and had to remove three links from each side to get a snug but not too tight fit. The strap is the same color as the watch face, which looks nice when you get it, but unfortunately as I have found that niceness doesn’t last forever. I haven’t had this watch for mega long and can already see the paint wearing off to reveal spots of bronze colored metal and that started after about two days of use.
In comparison to most other watches, I have ever seen this one is quite large. Unfortunately, I don’t have another watch to picture it next too, but from what I’ve seen online and compared it with in a watch shop, this watch outdoes plenty of others in size. This means is also weighs a lot more and it’s very easy to feel the weight. In fact, as a sports watch the weight is a bit of a turn-off. Nobody wants to be exercising with a huge weighty watch on their wrist. That said for casual use the watch is comfortable even with a metal watch band.
The Globenfeld Super Sport Metal Men’s Watch is waterproof for up to 30 meters. I tested this by wearing the watch while in the shower, obviously not deliberately soaking it, but it was still getting quite wet. In the end, it came out undamaged and still working with no issues at all.
Setting up the Globenfeld Super Sport Metal Men’s Watch for the first time didn’t take me too long at all and was overall quite easy, although I am still trying to figure out how to change the day displayed on the digital day display.
All of the features on this watch do work really well. Things such as the stopwatch come in handy for timing my exercise routines, while the alarm clock is great for ensuring I don’t forget certain times of importance. Of course, there are other features too, all of which are flawless in my opinion.
Lastly, the watch comes nicely presented in a large display box, which means it could be an ideal gift for someone you love. Each watch also has its own unique serial number as well.
The Globenfeld Super Sport Metal Men’s Watch is fairly decent but nowhere near decent enough to have that ridiculous SRP markup. While I like the looks of the watch, I do feel it’s too heavy and I don’t like how easily the paint seems to be coming off the strap. If the price was perhaps a bit lower, I could probably easily recommend this watch but right now I simply can’t as the wearing paint is a cause of concern for me.
Check it out here
The following link is an Amazon Affilliates link. If you make a purchase through this link, Amazon will pay me a small commission directly from their own pocket.
Products from Amazon.com